Faro is a place to Belong
[Matthew 18:14 | Matthew 25:45 | 2 Peter 3:9]
• We are saved not only to believe but to belong.
• We believe everyone is welcomed and should have the opportunity to hear the gospel message.
• We are a multicultural and bilingual fellowship of Spanish and English speaking Christians.
• We welcome the unsaved, un-churched, disconnected, and disillusioned.
• We believe that every person, Christian and non-Christian alike, is valuable to God.
Faro is a place where the Gospel is presented in creative ways.
[1 Corinthians 9:22—23 | Acts 17:22—34]
• Relating to our culture through redeeming the arts while remaining true to the scriptures is a balance we will always keep.
• This allows us to present the gospel in a way that reaches the heart.
• All programs and ministries allow everyone’s gifts and talents to be expressed and developed as an act of worship.
• Our desire is to worship God with music and allow the people of God to creatively express their worship to God through the creative arts and media.
Faro is a place Serve.
[Ecclesiastes 4:9—12 | Psalm 133:1 | Ephesians 4:11—16 | 1 Peter 2:4—9 | Mark 10:45 | Ephesians 2:10 |
Romans 12 | 1 Corinthians 12:14—20]
• We believe in the priesthood of all believers.
• Everyone has a gift, talent, or ability that can make it possible for someone to listen to the gospel in a unique way.
• We do church as a team.
• We believe that every member is a minister who has been given gifts, talents and abilities to be discovered, developed, and deployed.
• We are a gift-based, volunteer driven church.
• Each believer will find his greatest joy and fulfillment when serving in his spiritual gifts and passion.
• Every believer is created for ministry, gifted for ministry, authorized for ministry, and needed for ministry.
Faro is a place for Excellence.
[Psalm 78:72 | Ecclesiastes 10:10 | Daniel 5:12 | Colossians 3:17]
• We do everything “heart first”.
• We might not be the best, but we will do it with all of our hearts!
• We don’t expect perfection, but we strive toward excellence.
• The technical aspects of our gifts and talents make a difference in being effective and it also reveals our true motivation to give God the best.
• We will practice and rehearse in order to play skillfully unto the Lord.
• We will no offer anything to the Lord that does not cost us. Our service reflects ability as much as it reflects attitude.
Faro is a place for Growth.
[Matthew 28:16—20 | Mark 12:29—31 | Acts 2:44—47 | 1 Peter 2:2 | 1 Timothy 4:7—8 | Proverbs 27:17 | 2 Timothy 2:2 |
1 Timothy 3:1 | Titus 1:5—9 | Psalm 78:6—7]
• In keeping with the Great Commission and the Great Commandment we believe every member should commit to a lifestyle of consistent spiritual growth with honest accountability.
• Our teaching is dynamic and relevant to the need.
• We provide structured teaching levels for children, youth, adults and the elderly.
• We are dedicated to building emerging leaders.
• We have discipleship classes for new believers, members and Bible school students.
• We have an undying devotion to God and his Word.
• We emphasize this through our preaching and teaching and we strongly encourage everyone to have devotions individually and corporately.
• Our desire is not only to grow intellectually but to grow in our knowledge of the Lord.
• “We don’t grow beyond our hearts.”
Faro is a place for Healthy Relationships.
[James 1:2—3 | 1 Peter 3:8—9 | 1 Corinthians 13:8 | Romans 16:17 | Ephesians 4:3 | Matthew 5:2]
• We connect everything to a soul.
• We seek to encourage one another by ministering God’s love, Jesus’ life, and the Holy Spirit’s healing power through our daily relationships in life and ministry.
• We strive to maintain genuine and healthy relationships.
• Healthy relationships are more important than doing ministry or doing church.
• Refusing to give an audience to a spirit of complaining, we will instead be courageous in solving every problem in a way that honors God and builds biblical character.
• We show graciousness in all our dealings.
• We won’t entertain gossip; instead we will Biblically and in love encourage difficult but necessary discussions toward a goal of unity, growth and restoration.
Faro is a place for Evangelism.
[Proverbs 11:30 | John 1:43—45 | John 4:28—30]
• We believe that the most effective evangelism happens through people inviting people.
• We believe that a life reaches a life.
• Evangelism should be a normal, natural, lifestyle of winning others to Christ.
• We believe that the church partners with its members to reach their neighbors to God by providing effective and impacting church services that reach the heart.
Faro is a place for Prayer
[Philippians 4:6-7 | Mark 11:17 | Ephesians 6:18 | 2 Corinthians 10:3-5]
• We believe prayer is one of the primary ways a Christian and a Church matures.
• We believe prayer must be a normal and daily practice in our worship services as well as in our private devotionals. We provide tools and encouragement meant for individual prayer and corporate prayer.
• We believe we need the supernatural power of God’s presence to see our world change for His glory and good.
• We strive to make Faro Church a house of prayer. We realize praying is one of the values that Christians and the church should be known for. (Mk 11:17)
Faro is a place for Missions
[Acts 1:8 | Acts 8:4 | Matthew 28:19-20 | Romans 10:13-14]
• We believe a church is not a business, or an institution; it is a living organism of the Living God… it is a movement that extends to the “Ends of the Earth.”
• We believe in the C4 movement: The Gospel is ignited at the Core of each member (C1), extends to the Church ministry (C2), floods out into the local Community (C3), and spreads into the nations of the world—the Cosmos (C4).
• We believe the local church exists to organically and intentionally reach the lost and disciple the saints in any context.
• We will strive to provide spiritual and financial support for local, world, and “global village” missionaries.
• We believe in establishing and growing healthy churches at home and abroad.